ATTENTION

A lot of my content is based on the assumption that you've read the previous posts before.

If this is your first time reading my blog, please look at the Blog Archive and read the posts in order so that everything makes sense.

Thank you.

Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Self Evaluation

1. I feel that I have had different accomplishments with each project. For the midterm, I was able to use the new photoshop techniques that I have learned, and apply them to a visual image that I wanted to portray. Before this class, I knew how to select, cut, copy, paste, etc. All the basics. But with this midterm, I was able to truly display an idea through the use of visual imagery.
The final helped me explore my curosity of animation and video. I never thought I could be so intensely focused on a project for hours at a time, and then come up with a finalized work. My other projects and images were results of hours of work split up between different periods of time. However, the video was on clear shot. I just stayed up all night working on it, and I loved being that focused and motivated on a goal.

To be more specific though, I felt the following were difficult details that I accomplished well:

Midterm:
a) The use of a clipping mask to throw a background image onto a figure (the rainbow swirls in the girl's body).

b) The proper use of transformation to align a framed photo on a wall (the photo of the nude model on the wall of the art gallery).

Final:
a) The use of a filter through multiple frames to demonstrate a lasting effect (turning Kristen into a sepia like, low layered image).

b) The use drawing tools to create an animation within a video (the heart, the text, the hand, and the face on the floor).

2. This is a bit too easy for me to answer, because it's animation of course! At first, animation was a far away concept that I hardly had a grasp on. Making an image turn colors for a few second took me at least an hour. Yet through the experience, I was able to make a 3minute long video with significantly improved effects and features. Instead of having a single face and going through filters, I took a trip to the library and had the viewer interact with the enviornment.

3. I'll compare my Movie Poster project and my midterm. With the movie poster, I simply manipulated an image to change the meaning of the poster. I turned a masculine, tough movie into a dark, mysteric romance about two men. I enjoyed this project because the author of the book Fight Club is actually gay and his book had many homosexual themes that were cut from the movie.

The midterm was much different, in that I didn't manipulate as much as I created from scraps. I took and used many different materials from different sources, and created a brand new enviornment. I took a nude model, a pedestal, a room, a picture frame, and a black and white nude photo, and turned into an art gallery that portrayed the different perspectives on beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment